Buycotts are the opposite of
Boycotts. It's all about choices.
- Use natural fiber sheets and clothes. Most clothes, sheets, carpets,
etc., are treated with toxic formaldehyde.
- The state of Maryland has been buying recycled paper since 1977.
- Avoid excessive packaging. Half of the paper America consumes is
used to wrap and decorate consumer products.
- Many major brands of athletic footwear exploit the workers and the
environment. To make conscientious footwear purchases, try these avenues:
- Look for the "Made in the USA" label.
- Contact the Fair Trade Federation.
- Do a web search for "sweatshops" + "footwear" or "shoes".
- For shoes, dress and casual, including sandals: try AESOP, The
- Join Co-op America. Each year with a paid membership, you get
a newly updated National Green Pages which includes Green Businesses
that sell "green" products.