- Baking soda is indispensable for the nontoxic home kit. The magic
of cleaning with alkaline minerals such as baking soda and washing
soda is that they neutralize many stains and acidic odors, are nonabrasive
scourers, and dissolve grime and oils.
- Leave chemical disinfectants behind forever. Low-moisture dry steam
cleaning machines kill bacteria, viruses, parasites (such as dust
mites and head lice), molds and pollens with steam that has been heated
to 300 F. It works on wood, tile, carpet and fabric surfaces.
- Use low phosphate laundry detergent.
- Reject dry cleaning clothes method. Check out The Aqua Clean System
600 N Westmoreland Drive
Orlando, FL 32805
The Aqua Clean System is an extraordinary new non-solvent based technology
which Acme Cleaners, as professional cleaners, have investing in to
give their customers these outstanding benefits:
- Colors stay brighter, with less fading.
- Whites are whiter, not dingy or gray.
- No dry cleaning odor. Garments smell fresh.
- Beading and sequined gowns and wedding dresses are cleaned with
no risk to ornamentation or trim.
- Uses biodegradable cleaning agents that create no hazardous waste.
The Aqua Clean System is an environmentally safe cleaning process which
was developed in cooperation with the US Environmental Protection Agency
and Environment Canada. It is also widely used in Europe, Scandinavia,
Japan, Australia, and other countries where strict regulations of air
and water quality are in effect.
The Aqua Clean System is a major investment in quality. It is operated
by highly trained fabric care professionals to ensure consistent results
and complete customer satisfaction. Acme Cleaners are committed to provide
you with the highest standards of quality garment care using state-of-the-art
Acme Cleaners carefully examines every garment to determine if it should
be dry-cleaned or processed in the Aqua Clean System. Nearly all drycleanable
fabrics such as wool, silk, rayon and linen can also be cleaned in the
Aqua Clean System with very good results. As professional cleaners,
it is their responsibility to select the best method based on the types
of spots, stains, dyes, and ornamental painting or trim found on your
There are a few simple things that the customer can do which will help
Acme Cleaners to clean your clothes better:
- Bring your stained garments as quickly as possible. The longer the
delay, the harder the stains are to remove.
- If you know what caused the stain, tell them, so they can treat
it with exactly the right spotting procedure needed.
- Do not try to treat the stain yourself, even with stain remover
sticks or sprays. They often do more harm than good, and can react
unpredictably with professional stain remover agents.
- Do not remove fiber content and care labels since this information
assists them in making correct cleaning process decisions.
The Aqua Clean System is manufactured and distributed
Aqua Clean Systems, Inc.
469 Doughty Blvd.
PO Box 960338
Inwood, NY 11096-0338
- Buy and use latex and water based paints.
- To clean your stove fan filter, use very warm water, water softner
and a denture brush. Swish the water softener around in the water
in the sink, a pail or other container. Submerge the filter in the
water, using the denture brush to loosen the grease. WATER SOFTENERS:
use any one of these to soften "hard" water (helps in the laundry
too!) 1/2 cup baking soda or 1/4 cup of vinegar or 1 tablespoon of
zeolite or 1/4 cup of borax or 1/2 cup washing soda.