- In the US, more than 400 plants and animal species are listed as endangered.
- One in three species of North America's native freshwater fish is now, or may soon be, threatened
due to pollution.
- Alligators mate in April and the mother raises her young through the summer.
- Gray bats congregate at maternity caves May through mid-July.
- June is the peak month for wildfires, which rejuvenate many Florida plant communities including
longleaf pine, pine flat woods and scrub.
- Shorebird migration starts mid-July and peaks mid-August.
- Shrub morning glories and butterfly weeds bloom in June and July.
- Swallow-tailed kites gather in communal night roosts in July and August.
- Cut up 6-pack plastic rings and save wild lives.